I have decided to try and do another playthrough on xbox. So far, I am reminded why I love this game but also all the feelings of frustration I get when the game constantly crashes.
I have managed to get further than I did last time I tried playing through this game. I am now at Varnhold Disappearing.
So far, the bugs I have encountered are numerous, all in the last week.
- Harrim sunk into the ground in Lady Jamandi’s courtyard floor during the proglogue.
- Constant crashes after the Stag Lord’s death.
- Once, upon starting the game after it crashed, literally everything was written as a message saying there was a bug and a bunch of numbers. It was in the place in the main menu for every option. Whether continue, load game, new game, or whatever. Every text was written as an error message.
- The game constantly lags and then crashes if I pause it to leave the controller for brief periods of time of around 3 minutes or so.
- The game crashes when saving the game.
- The game crashes when leaving some areas unless you reload a game that was saved right before leaving the area…and hope that the game didn’t crash while saving the game.
- No music in the main menu.
- My character’s portrait covers every illustration of Linzi’s journal for each chapter’s opening and closing.
Overall, it feels like it takes many times over more time than is necessary to get through a segment because the game crashes so much.
Despite all the flaws, I still love the game when it does work and that one reason, and only that reason, keeps me from coming back.
Owlcat, you have a serious problem with this game. So long as it remains in a broken and near unplayable state your reputation continuously suffers. I am warning people away from buying your games because of how bad this game is even so long after release.
I, and many other gamers, have been patient and that patience is running out, or has flat out run out and any goodwill has been drying up. People have lost faith in your ability to give them stable products.
Our anger is justified and your reputation has suffered. If you want gamers to buy the console version of Wrath of the Righteous you will have to prove to them that you are capable of giving them a game that doesn’t make them want to explode in anger and frustration from having a broken game.
I am a predominantly console gamer. If you want my business, and the business of others like me, you have to set aside some time, personnel and resources to fix the game you already released on console before you even think about releasing another game on console.