Overhand Chop not working w/ Vital Strike

Overhand Chop

At 3rd level, when a two-handed fighter makes a single attack (with the attack action or a charge) with a two-handed weapon, he adds double his Strength bonus on damage rolls.

Vital Strike

When you use the attack action, you can make one attack at your highest base attack bonus that deals additional damage.

What am I missing here? I’m playing Varnhold’s Lot, and my MC’s damage bonus is at +22 (x1,5 Str is accounted for). With his Str score being at 26 (+8), his damage bonus with Overhand Chop should be at +26, which is only attainable via Spring Attack or a basic single attack. Why doesn’t it work with Vital Strike since both require a single attack to be made? Without this, Vital Strike is nigh useless. It becomes almost obsolete after lvl 7 anyway but it seems like you can’t get much bang for your buck even before that, either.

I didn’t bother to make screenshots, sorry. I did report it via the in-game tool, though.

Maybe both are standard actions. In PnP only one standard action is allowed per turn.

As DM I always allowed vital strike with any single attack (even if it’s a combat maneuver using a weapon), but that’s houseruling to give it at least SOME room to be useful.
But as the rules don’t say anything about it, you can’t use it without vital strike being the only option you can call at that shot. Anything that isn’t a base attack and uses a standard action is “using another feat”.
:frowning_face: sry pal. Maybe owlcat gets lenient and allows a bit more on vital strike.
But yours should at least be a borderline case, since Overhand is passive and works like power attack, it shouldn’t be considerd an activated ability (for that is a standard action).

Greetz
MagicChris