How does WOTR feel, even though it's only 30 fps on Xbox Series X?

I’m wanting to buy WOTR for my Xbox Series X, but have been putting it off for a while because supposedly it’s not next gen optimised and only runs at 30 fps. Is this true? If so, how does it run and is the low fps noticeable? I also heard that the resolution is 900p apparently, which is (and I’ve gotta be honest) absolutely awful in 2022.

I was pretty disappointed to find all this out, but I guess I can look past it if it’s not that noticeable. I was thinking with it having the option of turn based, then perhaps the 30 fps will be fine, but I’m not sure.

Thanks guys.

What an active forum, wow.

I play it on PC and have no idea how it runs on Xbox Series X.

Is that helpful?

1 Like

Best I’m gonna get I suppose.

I’ve played it on my gamer laptop at 30fps (with G-sync) and you get used to it. It’s obviously much better at 60fps, but 30 is a sweetspot for the lower end, especially since this is an RPG without camera spinning and insane action sequences. I guess this means a cooler and quieter console during gaming for you :wink:

The community is more active over Reddit.

The game is riddled with crashes and performance issues on every console. Get a refund if you can. You can always buy it later if it’s fixed, but if Kingmaker is any indication then it never will be. Best of luck, friend.