Characters Move In Slow Motion

Platform: PC / Steam

Do you have any mods? No mods.

Please explain the issue is in as much detail as possible:

I just bought this game. My PC is more than competent to play the game. My characters move slow. I’ve read plenty of things about this. I’ve read about other people having this problem.

It’s not an encumbrance issue. It doesn’t help me to press V. Shift-spacebar doesn’t help.

The rest of the game plays fine, but my characters perpetually move in slow motion, like they’re running, but in slow motion.

Just to mention, I’ve tried to close everything else running on my PC. I’ve set Kingmaker to high priority in task manager. None of that is working.

I’ve run the game in and out of windowed mode. Not helping.

Turning off anti aliasing is not helping.

Running the game on “low” is not helping.

I’m so annoyed I bought this game right now. Is there any known fix for this issue? A real fix that isn’t one of the things I’ve already mentioned in this post?

Thank you.

Try to update your graphic driver

They’re completely up to date. It was one of the first things I checked.

Maybe my graphics card isn’t compatible with this game? Is that possible?

Computer I’m trying to play this on:
Processor Intel(R) Core™ i7-4810MQ CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.80 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
NVIDIA QUADRO K3100M (also an Intel HD Graphics 4600)
Operating system Windows 10 pro 64-bit
More than enough storage

I am not a tech or a Dev so i cannot really answer that…

I have seen many bug reports about that ‘‘slow motion’’ bug on Steam and everyone seem to have a different fix… but the most common fix is probably by changing the resolution.

I’ve had this problem on weak hardware. Try lowering your screen resolution, and do not play the game in fullscreen mode. It certainly helped me.

Just to follow up, whatever the slow motion problem was, it’s gone now. I uninstalled my Nvidia graphics card which left me running on the intel graphics.

The moment I did that, all the slow motion stuff stopped, and the game runs fine on high settings. Shrug. I have no idea what the problem was. I can say that no amount of lowering the resolution or changing screen mode helped.

My new problem is that I’m not seeing any cloaks.

The cloaks work in the game, as far as providing benefits, but they don’t show up on the character visually.

I even did a full reinstall onto a new drive.